USFinancialFunding   USFinancialFunding


usffFrequently Asked Questions:
There are many questions which prospective clients of U.S. Financial Funding have. We hope that the answers below
will assist you in your understanding of the services that we are able to provide for you.

Q: Where does this money come from?

A: This money could come from any of the sources listed below, but not limited to them.
Forgotten checking accounts, forgotten savings accounts, traveler's checks, safety deposit boxes, stocks, bonds, trust distributions, refunds, uncashed checks, gift certificates, life insurance policies, annuities, certificates of deposits, gift cards, utility security deposits, uncashed money orders, mineral royalty payments, outstanding payroll checks and more.

Q: Is U.S. Financial Funding a collection agency?

A: No, we are not a collection agency. A collection agency specializes in the collection of delinquent debt, whereas U.S. Financial Funding operates in direct contrast, specializing in locating and assisting individuals in receiving funds that are rightfully theirs.

Q: What is a Structured Settlement?

A: A Structured Settlement in transactions like ours is a term that usually refers to any deferred payment obligation resulting from the settlement of a claim. Typically, the Claimant will have to wait, depending on the state where the claim is located, this can be anywhere from up to 12-24 months prior to any payment being issued by the state provided that no other creditor claims the funds.

Q: How and why did you locate me?

A: U.S. Financial Funding research professionals make use of numerous public records. These records include, but are not limited to: change of address filings, voter registrations, telephone directories, city and town indexes, drivers' records, military registers, marriage and divorce filings, birth and death certificates, property ownership documents, and court records.

Q: If I really were owed money, wouldn't I have been contacted about it and the money given to me?

A: Depending upon the general statutes of the state where the money is located, you may already have been notified and possibly overlooked the notice. In many states, they are not required to notify you at all.

Q: How do you know that I am still entitled to the money?

A: U.S. Financial Funding's initial research leads us to believe that the funds discussed with you are still available. We are willing to assume any and all risks associated with the collection of these funds.

Q: If the state is holding onto money that is supposed to belong to me, what happens to it?

A: The state invests these funds and makes interest off of the money they are holding. Usually, but not always, the interest made is used to help support the educational system of that state.

Q: How do I begin the recovery of my funds?

A: An Agreement is authorized between you and U.S. Financial Funding to begin the recovery process. After the Agreement, there are a few extra papers needed to continue and finish the process. Occasionally, the entity holding your funds may require additional documentation.

All of the entities currently holding your funds will require a copy of government-issued identification such as a driver's license, passport, state identification card, or a social security card. If you have changed your name or address, a verification of this change will also be required. This information is used to verify that you are the correct legal beneficiary of your funds as opposed to someone using your identity to fraudulently gain access to your funds.

Q: Where can I get a document notarized?

A: When you are ready to proceed, U.S. Financial Funding will have a mobile notary who is located and licensed in your city and state come to you at our expense.

Q: Does U.S. Financial Funding charge a fee?

A: No, U.S. Financial Funding never charges a fee. The costs U.S. Financial Funding incurs to obtain the data that indicates outstanding funds due to you, to locate you, to prepare and file the legal documents necessary to claim your funds, to retain outside counsel if necessary, to pay any mandated filing fees, and to monitor the status of your claim are all included in the Professional Services Agreement between U.S. Financial Funding and you.

Q: What protections are in place to ensure that I will receive the money that I am entitled to?

A: All transactions are done through a reputable attorney who is in good standing with the Bar Association of the state the funds are located in. In each case, all major correspondence will go through that attorney and all monies are sent out from the attorney's trust account.

Q: Do I have to use U.S. Financial Funding to recover monies owed to me?

A: While you do not have to use U.S. Financial Funding to recover your funds, it is highly unlikely that you would locate and successfully recover these funds without the assistance of a recovery and audit specialist such as U.S. Financial Funding.

U.S. Financial Funding offers a simpler and more efficient solution. The professionals at U.S. Financial Funding use their knowledge and experience to get money back to you quickly and efficiently.

Q: I am not the person you are looking for, or I think I know how to get in touch with this person or his/her next of
      kin. What should I do?

A: If you receive a letter or phone call, but are not the rightful owner of the unclaimed asset, please let us know. We will update our records to ensure that no further correspondence is directed to you. If you know how to contact the rightful owner (or the next of kin), please advise us so that we can correspond with him or her, or if preferred, forward our letter to the owner directly. There are times that a finder's fee can be had for your assistance.

Q: What do I do if I receive a letter from another company that is offering a similar service?

A: It is important that you carefully examine the professional standing of any company that may contact you. Check the qualifications, experience, credentials, and professionalism. Ask if they are part of any reputable organizations. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Q: What happens if I don't do anything?

A: If you choose to take no action, the asset will remain unclaimed. In some states, if an asset is unclaimed for an extended period of time, it is often transferred to the state in which the asset resides negating any chances of recovery. This process is call Escheating

Q: Do I have to pay taxes on the money that I receive?

Please consult a professional tax advisor to determine if there will be any tax liability on your behalf.

Q: How long will it take to receive my lump sum payment?

A: Lump sum payments can be made in 30 days or less after our due diligence is performed. When we are satisfied to assume the risk, payment is assured. Call for details.

Q: Will I be required to show up in court?

A: No. We have an attorney handle this process and pay for all the costs up-front. Your Funding Account Executive will assist you with any questions you may have.

Q: How do I get started?

A: Call U.S. Financial Funding and have a Funding Account Executive speak to you and set up taking care of the paperwork at 1-800-219-3898.

Q: What if I have further questions?

A: Our staff is happy to assist you with any further questions. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
USFinancialFunding   USFinancialFunding
Our company does not do any business in the state of New Jersey.